Jewel Runaway Bay – Jamaica
My family and I just returned from a week stay at the Jewel Runaway Bay Resort It was our first time spending more then a day on the island and overall we had an excellent time!
The resort is older and it is certainly showing its age. In my opinion it is due for a complete renovation especially in the hotel rooms, we happened to book a room that was “updated” and I still found it to be lacking in regards to decor and functionality. The resort itself though older was still very clean and grounds were extremely well maintained.
Some of the biggest pros of the resort and the reason I will recommend it in the future were:
- Food: for an all inclusive it was above average.
- Service: almost every staff member we interacted with was excellent, especially at the kids club.
- Kids club: they over childcare/camp daily for children 18 months and older, the facilities were clean and full of activities. Our 3.5 year old LOVED kids club!
- Waterpark: This is a newer element at the resort (about 3 years old) it was in great shape and lots of fun for the kids.
- Beach: beautiful stretch of private beach that was clean and allowed for great swimming.
What I wish was better:
- Rooms: they need to be updated, bathrooms were particularly lacking.
- Pool area: the pools were clean, however the concrete area surrounding pool was showing its age.
Overall the resort had a ton to do for families and kids. For what it offered and the cost I thought it was a great deal and something I am happy to recommend to families for future vacations.